Clear Bag Policy
NIU Athletics has implemented a clear bag policy to provide a safer environment to the public and to expedite guest entry into the Convocation Center and Huskie Stadium.
Guests will be able to carry the following style and size bag into the venue
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12”x12”x6”.
- One-Gallon clear plastic freezer bag
- Small clutch bag/purse no larger than 5.5”x8.5”x3”
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection of the bag.
Prohibited bags include but are not limited to backpacks, clear backpacks, computer bags, coolers, duffel bags, camera bags, purses larger than clutch or any bag larger than the permissible size. All bags are subject to inspection.
The Convocation Center performs bag searches on all guests. These searches are intended to detect prohibited items including:
- Alcoholic Beverages or controlled substances
- Bags, backpacks, duffels, large purses, camera bags (small purses okay)
- Laser pointers of any kind
- Coolers, bottles, cans, containers, or projectiles
- Weapons, flammables, or other potentially dangerous items
- Aerosol containers or any pressurized container
- Food or beverages
- Horns, noisemakers, whistles or banners
- Large cameras, large video cameras
- Any illegal substances
- Posters, signs, or banners on sticks
- Helium balloons
- Mono-pods or tri-pods
- Selfie sticks
- Posters, signs or banners
Strollers are not permitted inside the facility. These items must be returned to your vehicle. No stroller check or storage area is available.
Banners, Flags and Signs
No banners, flags, signs, or the like are permitted inside the facility during Ticketmaster events. Any of these items attempting to be brought into the facility will be asked if they can be returned to your vehicle or they will be confiscated. If you are planning to visit the Convocation Center for an event and would like to bring such an item, please contact 815-752-6800 to determine if your event will permit these items.